Mega Hoops is Ontario Basketball’s flagship community program designed to teach fundamental movement and basic basketball skills while developing physical literacy in young athletes. The program is two-fold: Mega Hoops provides curriculum to teachers and also allows schools to request that OBA clinicians deliver programming through gym classes or special events. The program provides age- and stage-appropriate instruction in line with the Sport 4 Life’s Long Term Athlete Development Model (LTAD) principles. Just like children need to learn to read and write, they also need to learn to move with competence and confidence across a variety of movements, giving them the tools required to be active for life. Physical literacy is essential to building happy, healthy, and well-rounded students and citizens – join us!
- Aligned with Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) and Sport for Life (S4L) principles
- The program is designed for Active Start (0-6), FUNdamentals (6-9) and Learn to Train (9-12) age groups
- Mega Hoops provides a series of lesson plans for teachers developed by leading Sport 4 Life (S4L) experts to help build physical literacy
- Schools can also request to have fun skills, drills, and games led by experienced, energetic, trained OBA basketball clinicians to engage students and peak interest in basketball (generally run through gym classes)
- Based on the ability of the school/students to pay. A cost estimate will be sent once the registration form is completed.
- If you would like to be involved in having Mega Hoops programming in your school - or if you just want more information! - please contact Bess Lennox (email@example.com).
- Interested schools will be asked to fill out a registration form that will have specific information pertaining to cost (if any), available dates, and possible t-shirt and basketball distribution.
WATCH VIDEO: CLICK ON IMAGE BELOW